Saturday, August 18, 2007

Tales from a Bunny Library

I am a librarian for a media library in an underground community in Southern California. Our population is primarily bunnies, but a few other species live here as well. Obviously, I cannot specify our location, or even my name. You may call me Bonny.


To be perfectly honest, bunnies are not great readers. However, they are avid consumers of movies, TV, videos, radio, and live performances of all imaginable sorts. We have an extensive collection of human videos, bunny music, and documentary materials of bunny life and history. Due to the nature of bunny movie rights, videos of bunny movies are not available.


How does a bunny librarian come to take part in this exercise, I hear you ask? We bunnies are technologically astute. Not only do we have access to the Bunternet, we are also able to tap into the Internet. And, as the caption to a famous cartoon reads, "On the internet, no one knows you're a dog." An internet friend has given me access. Let's leave it at that.


Like the rest of you (whose blogs I have enjoyed reading), I am looking forward to upgrading my knowledge and skills. Since we indoor bunnies live somewhat cloistered lives, we are eager for information and entertainment that can be had without venturing out into the predator-infested natural world. Computer and electronic technologies have been of great and wonderful use to us. We are eager to learn; let us begin.

No comments: